"you’re too young to know what your sexuality is" said the straight person to a queer teenager
"he’s such a ladies’ man" said the straight person about a 6 month old baby that doesn’t know what a lady is
I'm going to Leakycon Orlando and if you're going feel free to say hi.
other fandoms may come and go but Harry Potter will always be there in the shadows. watching. lurking. never letting you forget its perpetual hold on your existence.
James and Sirius losing their shit over how punk their friend’s son is. (x)
got meme: (3/9) characters → catelyn stark
"I take no joy in mead nor meat, and song and laughter have become suspicious strangers to me. I am a creature of grief and dust and bitter longings. There is an empty place within me where my heart was once."
requested by raggedymans: clara being cute
a video by Claudia Boleyn
Getting real tired of biphobia.
Watch this. Get educated. Sort yourselves out.
(If you consider yourself an ally to the LGBTQIAP+ community please share this video. Bisexuals are constantly erased and our identity is just as valid as those of gay and lesbian people. Our community is vast and varied, and bisexuals play a huge part in that. It’s 2014. We should’t have to put up with this any longer.)
thinking about american wizarding communities keep me up at night
- what are the african, native american, and hispanic influences that make it differ from traditional arthurian “english” magic
- how do these influences impact different areas?
- is new england more like english magic?
- is the deep south more african influenced?
- in new york city do you have your russian, puerto rican, italian, jewish, and chinese magic communities?
- is the southwest bordering between mexican/hispanic magic?
- what is the american wizarding education system like
- are there privatized institutions? public education? inner city education?
- are there state mandated programs to make sure very magical child receives the same education? or is based on privilege?
- if you can buy your own wand fine, but if not, you get a generic mass produced wand?
- depending on what your culture of magic is, are wands even necessary? do you need a wand to practice louisiana voodoo?
- did the cival rights era impact the education system? were there segregated magical schools? did race influence the magic communities at all??
- what are the laws on magic usage? are they state regulated or federally enforced? do they apply per country or just whichever state you’re in at the time
- you can practice magic outside of school if you’re over the age of 16 in california, but not in virginia.
- are there wizarding gangs in inner cities like crips and bloods that are products of a failing education system?
- are there motorcycle wizard gangs like hells angels that patrol the skies instead of the highways
- what are the sports like? do americans practice some bastardized version of quidditch where players stand on their brooms instead of riding it? is quidditch even a major thing or do we have something else? (like how soccer isnt terribly HUGE here, but baseball, basketball, and the NFL are here)
- DO WE DOMINATE AT MAGICAL OLYMPICS ANYWAYS
- does texas take high school quidditch really important
- what was the reaction to voldemort
- OR WERE WE DEALING WITH OUR OWN “BIG BAD” THAT WAS PROBABLY WAY WORSE THAN VOLDEMORT ANYWAYS
- is there a magical military
- IS THERE A MAGICAL WAR GOING ON THAT DEMANDS A WHOLE MAGICAL ARMED FORCE
- oh my god this is too much